Sunday 21 July 2013

Episinus angulatus

    Family : Theridiidae
    Genus : Episinus
    These spiders weave very small webs, consisting of just a few strands of silk.
    An uncommon spider, although, I have found three males and two females in
    my garden and inside my flat. Peter Harvey of the British Arachnological 
    Society and the Spider Recording Scheme, ID'd the first, adult male for me,
    and he seems quite amused that I have these spiders in my home!
    Adult male Episinus angulatus
    ID by Peter Harvey BAS
    Brighton
    16.06.13

    Second Adult male Episinus angulatus that I've found on the door to my 
    back garden.
    Brighton, East Sussex
    16.06.13


    Female - found in my living room!
    Brighton, East Sussex
    28.06.13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.